East Renfrewshire Council continues to be committed to helping new and existing businesses grow and prosper through a coordinated package of advice, recruitment and training support. We can also offer financial support by providing access to a range of grants and loans. Our aim is to take a flexible approach, on a case by case basis, and help all types of businesses in East Renfrewshire Council meet their needs.
Specifically we can provide:
- Recruitment and aftercare service - we can provide you with a full recruitment service to help you find your new employee. Once we have helped you recruit the right person for your team, we will also provide a full aftercare service to ensure that your new recruit settles into their role.
- Work placement – we can provide individuals with a placement within your business, at an agreed frequency each week, at no cost, to help them gain work experience and improve their chances of finding employment.
- Work experience – if you are considering taking someone on permanently but want to see how they fit in, if eligible you can take them on through work experience, sometimes for up to 8 weeks.
- Information and advice on employer recruitment incentives
- Access to funding and support.
While this section details the full range of support available to businesses from East Renfrewshire Council, it also details other provision that exists through local and national agencies.