Penumbra are currently recruiting for a full time permanent Peer Worker for their East Renfrewshire Service.
To assist people who use the service to establish and maintain a meaningful and fulfilling life in the community. Peer Workers play a central role in the planning and provision of quality, recovery focused support to people who use the service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To establish a supportive relationship with each supported person, enabling them to maximise their own resources in order to improve their quality of life.
- To use own lived experience to inspire hope in people who use the service.
- To share/teach coping and self-management techniques.
- To be flexible and responsive to meet the changing needs of supported people and the organisation, within the agreed criteria.
- To work in cooperation with other members of the Support Team, and staff from other agencies.
- To participate in training activities and meetings as required.
- To be responsible for maintaining the relevant systems of paper-based and electronic documentation.
- Work effectively with other members of the team, and liaise effectively with families, agencies, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Uphold Penumbra’s Code of Practice.
- Register with the SSSC as appropriate and maintain post-registration training and learning log to meet ongoing registration requirements.
- Other duties, deemed appropriate to this grade, as and when required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please note all applications must go through Penumbra online – select vacancies – scroll down
You will have to make an account in order to submit an application.