VSG is currently recruiting for Dedicated Security Relief Officers for Silverburn, Glasgow.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all Security duties are carried out to the satisfaction of the Client and in line with Company Assignment instructions.
- To assist with complying with agreed SLA’s and Key Performance Indicators
- To comply with Assignment Instruction at all times
- Ensure that you have read, understood and signed the Assignment Instructions
- Ensure that Health and Safety processes and procedures are complied with at all times.
- Escalate appropriate issues to Line Management and VSG Control and Command Centre
- Maintain expected standard of time keeping, appearance, customer service
- Participate in any company initiatives which are designed to achieve company business objectives
- Attend team meetings and one-to-one reviews where applicable
- Any other reasonable duty as requested by VSG Management
- To maintain in confidence Client and Company confidential information at all times.
- Conduct internal patrols of the site as and when required
- Conduct external patrols of the site as and when required
- Apprehend criminals and evict violators
- Take accurate notes of unusual occurrences
- Report in detail any suspicious incidents
- Patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter
- Previous industry experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Effective people management skills
- SIA Licence applicable to the role
- Good verbal and written skills
- IT Literate
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Proven track record working towards KPIs and SLAs
- Experience of incident identification, obtaining evidence, resolution and recommendation
- First Aid qualification
VSG Contacts and working relationships
- VSG Operational Management Team
- Site Security Team
- Central Head Office teams
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Someone who takes the initiative and drives for results
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Have a flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent communication skills
Screening and Security Checks
It is imperative that you are able to provide evidence and pass a 5 year screening check. This includes no gaps in the last 5 years without proof of out of work through the DWP or Job Centre. Screening may take up to 12 weeks, depending on information and evidence supplied.
Minimum limited security screening to offer conditional offer of employment and commence work.
- Right to work and proof of address
- SIA Licence
- Credit Check
- DBS Check
- 3 out of 5 years history
- Character referee
If an adverse result is returned from the credit check, the individual should be invited to make representation about the concern. Mitie VSG consider whether there is a risk to the business in relation to allow opportunities for illicit personal gain, and/or the possibilities of being compromised.
Typical shift is 8 – 10 hours across 7 days
Early shift: 7am to 3pm/8am to 5pm
Back shift: 12-3 to 11pm
If you are interested and would like to apply then please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]