Westlea Care Home, Neilston is currently recruiting for an Activities Co-ordinator to join their team.
As a natural caring and compassionate person, you will play a central role in ensuring our residents lead a stimulating and fulfilling life.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing excellent care and support to residents
- Assisting residents in all aspects of their care needs, e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual
- Assist and encourage meaningful activity
- Plan and record activity programme for each resident
- Providing support and guidance to family members
- Engaging in day to day activities and providing companionship to residents
- Maintaining good communication and developing effective working relationships with other team members
- Previous experience of Activity Co-ordinator work is desirable, but not essential as training and support will be given. For this post, we warmly welcome applicants who have previous care experience.
- Shift patterns: 3 x 6 hr shifts = 18 hrs across 7 days
- Pay: £8.90 per hour
Initial cost of PVG is met by the employer then deducted from salary
Previous experience in a care home setting would be preferred but not essential as full training will be provided to suitable candidates.
An SVQII in Health and Social Care is preferred but not essential.
Skills, abilities and personal qualities:
- An enthusiasm for providing the very highest standard of care and support, focusing on achieving positive outcomes for our customers.
- A kind and caring attitude which enables you to assist people to live independently by supporting them with their agreed and personalised care and support plan.
- A flexible approach and strong team ethos which helps us to exceed our customer expectations every day.
If you are interested and would like to apply then please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]