Newton House Care Home is currently recruiting for 8 Homemakers.
The Homemaker provides a range of assistance and support including giving personal care. They promote and engage with the residents in meaningful activities which may include personal care; hobbies; interests and housekeeping duties. In addition Homemakers will be involved in supporting activities of daily living to include administering medication.
- Offer companionship and take an interest in the lives of our residents, supporting them with their choice of lifestyle and wellbeing
- Take care of the general day to day housework, including cleaning spillages and tidying rooms
- Assess; monitor; record and evaluate the effectiveness of the Person-Centred Plans. Homemakers ensure that they follow the relevant guidance in carrying out their duties
- Engage with residents encouraging participation and social interaction.
- Actively promote communication between the Care Home and residents’ family and friends
- Provide care and support for our residents, including administering medicine under the guidance of our clinical team
- Assist our residents to continue to enjoy meaningful relationships both in and outside of the home
- Care experience preferable
Alternate 3/4 days over 2 week period
If you are interested and would like to apply then please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]