Aldomak is a family business, established in 1932, manufacturing fine Scottish products and distributing ice cream accompaniments throughout Scotland and beyond. We are currently recruiting for two General Operatives to join our workforce.
The role requires a sound understanding of food hygiene and will require ongoing training to achieve this to a high standard. The individual must be able to work under supervision as part of the production team in producing the range for Aldomak.
- Follow the standard operating procedures (SOP) to correct standards in the factory.
- Trained to have a knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and to use this knowledge to good effect whilst preparing food.
- Follow and accurately complete the correct food safety paperwork for each product line to maintain process control and traceability.
- The individual must be a team player and able to adapt to all functions including Food Safety, Production and Hygiene tasks. You will receive basic HACCP training as a minimum.
- The operative will be trained to use a date gun competently and handle a manual pallet truck safely.
- The individual must understand and maintain the factory “clean as you go” policy.
- The individual must be open to learning new skills and practices.
- The individual must have good time keeping skills to manage their breaks and start time.
- Always alert management to issues with equipment and take care when using company machinery and kit, we expect a good level of ownership.
- Observe the site security and food defence guidelines for the Aldomak factory.
A food hygiene certificate would be desirable but not essential
Skills, abilities and personal qualities:
- This is a physically demanding job where you will be lifting large heavy food baking trays repeatedly
- Ideal candidates must be physically fit and able
- Good communication skills are a must
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance
Hours of work: Mon to Thurs 7am to 4pm, Fri 7 am to 3pm
If you are interested and would like to apply then please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]