Westlea Care Home, Neilston are currently recruiting for a Kitchen Assistant.
Your duties are to assist the cook and provide nutritious meals under hygienic conditions and to be aware of and act at all times in accordance with current food laws and regulations. All employees are bound by Company Rules and the Residents Charter which are detailed in separate documents.
Principal Duties and responsibilities:
- To assist the cook to prepare and serve meals as required.
- To be responsible for the clearing of tables, washing up after meals, the overall cleaning of the kitchen and, where appropriate, the dining area.
- To maintain health and safety regulations and full compliance with other statutory requirements in the kitchen area including the hygienic disposal of food waste.
- To draw to the attention of the Cook, and/or the Manager any problems or potential hazards in the kitchen and dining areas
- To have full knowledge of the Home fire procedures
- To undertake such other duties within the general areas of the kitchen that may be reasonably required from time to time (these other duties will be allocated by the Home Manager on the basis of the hours worked, as stated in the Terms of Conditions of Service of the Employee)
No previous experience necessary as full training will be provided.
Please note this position is subject to PVG checks.
If you are interested and would like to apply then please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]