Westlea Care Home, Neilston is currently recruiting for two Care Assistants to join their team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- To help residents who need assistance with washing and toileting, dressing and undressing
- To help residents who have limited mobility or physical disabilities, making the best uses of aids provided
- To assist in the control of incontinence, providing comfort with dignity
- To care for residents who are temporarily unwell including the application of minor dressings and basic bed care
- To help and care for residents with end of life care
- To assist in giving mental and physical stimulation to residents by talking to them and helping them to continue with hobbies and activities in the Home
- To give help and reassurance to residents, as necessary, including the provision of medicines within the approved control procedures of the Home
- To respond to emergency bells, answer the door and telephone
- To make visitors welcome, give them refreshments and any assistance that they may require
- To read and write reports; to take part in staff and resident meetings and attend training sessions when requested
- To make and change beds, tidy rooms and do light cleaning including the emptying and cleaning of commodes
- To feed residents who need help, lay tables and trays, serve meals, wash up, prepare light meals, clear and tidy dining rooms(s)
- To check, mend and launder residents clothing
- To follow approved hand-over procedures at end of each duty session
- To follow approved procedures involving Social Services personnel and associated policies
- To carry out any other duties that occur from time to time as may be required by supervisory staff
Shift patterns: 3 x 12 hr shifts across 7 days
Hours: 8am to 8pm
Pay: £8.75 per hour
Initial cost of PVG is met by the employer then deducted from salary
Previous experience in a care home setting would be preferred but not essential as full training will be provided to suitable candidates
An SVQII in Care is preferred but not essential.
Skills, abilities and personal qualities:
- An enthusiasm for providing the very highest standard of care and support, focusing on achieving positive outcomes for our customers.
- A kind and caring attitude which enables you to assist people to live independently by supporting them with their agreed and personalised care and support plan.
- A flexible approach and strong team ethos which helps us to exceed our customer expectations every day.
If you are interested and would like to apply then please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]