The Hallmark Hotel based in Glasgow City Centre, (just off the Broomielaw) is currently recruiting for part- time Room Attendants.
General Scope and Purpose of the Position
To ensure bedrooms are cleaned to company standard
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To prepare for the day’s work by stocking up on cleaning materials and stores
- To service hotel bedrooms and public areas to company standard and within the allocated time frame
- To be familiar with the agreed cleaning standards and presentation of all categories of rooms within the hotel
- To report breakages or damages immediately to ensure that repairs are carried out
- To check the rooms against the status on the daily work sheet and notify the housekeeper of any variations immediately i.e. a resident being vacant
- Be aware of the hotel procedures with regards to the control of keys and guests belongings in the hotel bedrooms
- To re-stock housekeeping store cupboards and your trolley
- To return all equipment to their allocated store rooms at the end of each working day and to make sure that the storerooms and working areas are kept clean and tidy at all times
- To report lost and found property immediately following the correct procedures
- To report any suspicious people or bags to the Duty Manager or Housekeeper immediately
- To complete any other reasonable tasks as requested by a member of the Management team
- To attend meetings and training sessions when requested.
Health & Safety
- To comply with all Health and Safety, COSHH, Risk Assessment, security and fire requirements in the department.
- Immediately report anything that could be a health and safety risk such as loose/bare wires, ripped carpets etc.
- The list of duties above is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. There will be other duties and requirements associated with your post and you may be required to undertake such duties as may be reasonably required of you.
- Please be aware that this job description will be reviewed and updated and amended from time to time, in accordance with business requirements.
Previous housekeeping would be preferred but not essential – full training will be provided
Skills, abilities and personal qualities
- To maintain a cheerful and polite attitude to guests and colleagues at all times
- To support a working environment which promotes positive attitude, pride and good morale
- To be physically fit and able to carry out all tasks in relation to your post
- Good team player
The hours of this post are 20hrs per week, with the bulk of hours being worked at our busiest time which is every weekend plus one week day.
If you are interested and would like to apply then please submit your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]