HRM Homecare Services provides support to help people remain in their own homes and are committed to a person centred approach to enable them to lead an independent and fulfilling life. We wish to expand our existing team of Homecare Support Workers to support our clients in the areas of East Renfrewshire and are seeking people who are genuinely interested in making a difference to the lives of others, are naturally caring and extremely reliable.
We are currently recruiting for Senior Care Support Workers to supervise support workers in the delivery of care as required and as directed by the co-ordinator/manager of Homecare Service. There are a number of 16 and 25 hour vacancies available (all vacancies are flexible over 7 days).
Senior Support Worker – Job Purpose:
- To supervise the Support Worker (Homecare) performance in the delivery of care as required and as directed by the Co-ordinator/Manager of Homecare Services
- To ensure that the Support Workers carry out their duties and responsibilities in a professional manner.
- To ensure that the standard of service being delivered meets the service user’s needs and expectations expressed in the contracts entered into by the organisation.
- To prepare lists of reports as required for Social Work Department
- To carry out monitoring reviews of the service delivery as required by the Operations Manager
- To participate in the learning and educational process appropriate to skill requirement of their position.
- To participate in the on-call rota
In addition to supervisory duties the post holder will be required to undertake homecare duties as detailed below:
- To provide personal care, practical help and social support as appropriate to the individual needs of home based service users.
- To assist and co-operate with other team members in meeting the needs of service users in harmony with their care plan.
- Any other duties in line with the post that may be agreed.
- To provide a quality service
- Prepare and cook meals and assist clients with feeding
- Collecting pensions, shopping, prescriptions etc
- Assist clients with personal hygiene, washing and bathing
- Help clients to get dressed
- Assist in toilet duties, emptying and cleaning commodes and handling incontinence laundry
- Assist service users to get into and out of bed
- Accompany service users in agreed circumstances
- To work flexibly with Team Leaders, the Director and colleagues in delivering a quality service to our service users and to inform the organisation of any change of circumstances that may have an effect on the service users care plan.
- To undertake such duties determined as appropriate by the Service Manager
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Previous training and qualifications in social care or in a health care environment are required
- The Senior Support Worker is required to demonstrate the ability to deal fairly and firmly with Support Workers and others
- A clean current driving licence may be a preferable requirement of the position
- Previous experience in caring for other people – e.g. older people, children, relatives/friends
This post is considered to be Regulated Work with Vulnerable Adults as specified in the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scotland PVG Act 2007, successful applicants will be required to undertake PVG membership.
To apply for this opportunity please contact 0141-577-8438 or e-mail email@example.com to request an application pack.
HRM Homecare Services are holding a Recruitment Open Day on:
Monday 23rd April, 2018
10.00am to 12.00pm
Barrhead Foundry, Main Street, Barrhead, G78 1SW
If you wish to attend the Open Day to find out more about the job please bring your completed application pack with you.