Clarkston House Care Home is currently recruiting for either a part time or full time Kitchen Assistant to support and assist our chefs to provide daily meals for approximately 50 frail and elderly residents.
- Basic food preparation and assisting chef in providing daily meals
- Ensure that the kitchen and related areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition at all times observing and maintaining food hygiene standards
- To ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to the cleaning schedules
- To ensure statutory and Company Health and Safety Regulations are adhered to
- To ensure correct storage of all dry and perishable goods
- Cook chilled goods as soon as possible after receipt and checking
- To ensure the correct, safe storage of cleaning materials
- To ensure that all pots, pans, cooking utensils and service counter containers are cleaned to the required standards and correctly stored after cleaning
- Carry out any other reasonable instructions given by the Head Chef and/or Home Manager
- Previous kitchen experience would be preferred
- Experience of home baking would be an advantage but is not essential
- A food hygiene certificate is preferred for this role
Part-time and full-time hours are available. Please note hours of work will vary from 7am to 6pm and hours are flexible over 7 days. There is a requirement to work every second weekend.
If you are interested and would like to apply then please submit your CV to: Claire.email@example.com