MACS – Mearns Afterschool Care provide Breakfast Club and After School Care in various schools within East Renfrewshire. MACS are accredited Living Wage employers and an SQA Approved Training Centre
We currently have vacancies for Qualified and Unqualified Childcare Support Workers in primary schools in the Barrhead, Clarkston and Newton Mearns area.
Benefits of a Childcare Support Worker
- Competitive rate of pay – Qualified £9.00 per hour
- Opportunity for holiday work may be available upon request
- 22 days Holiday (including 9 public holidays)
- Uniform provided
- In House SVQ Training provided, to enhance career progression, from Unqualified Support Worker, Qualified Support Worker, Practitioner, Depute Manager and Project Manager
Requirements of Childcare Support Worker
- Must be willing to undertake an SQA Playwork SCQF L6 Qualification (if unqualified)
- Childcare experience required, this experience can be gained through Employment, Childminding/Baby Sitting (No Family members), Volunteering with Organisations i.e. Scouts, BB, Girl Guides, Sports Coaching
- Must undergo Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme checks
- Must undergo Reference checks and complete SSSC registration
- Must be able to provide at least 1 Childcare Reference
Responsibilities of Childcare Support Worker
- Promote high-quality child led play by promoting children’s individual choice and development through imaginative, fun and interesting play.
- Demonstrate the continuous development of the play setting to meet the needs of each child.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous professional development.
- Reflect on practice to act on and improve their own practice
- Term-Time Only Contracts (Typical shift patters are 7.45am-9.00am and 2.45pm-6.00pm)
- Rate of Pay – £9.00 qualified and £8.21 unqualified
- 25 hours per week
- 5 days per week Monday to Friday
Please apply online and complete an application form by following the link (link can also be found on the Careers page of the MACS website):