“Get work ready”
West College Scotland has devised a series of employability courses which aim to help people
develop the skills needed to secure a job, or progress to more advanced forms of training.
Courses are available in five different areas and each has a strong focus on work experience.
The courses respond to individual needs, adapt to local employer demand and provide
candidates with certification to demonstrate achievement.
Employability courses are open to everyone and cover a wide range of skill areas:
- Construction candidates will work in a variety of workshops including bricklaying, decorative painting, carpentry and joinery and plumbing
- Hospitality candidates will receive Health and Safety training and learn about food preparation techniques
- Motor Vehicle candidates will learn in industry standard workshops and learn about Motor Vehicle Engineering
- Health and Social Care candidates will learn First Aid and work towards their National 4 qualification in health
- Hairdressing candidates will learn about the theoretical and practical skills involved in hairdressing.