Barnardo’s are delivering a Discovering Your Potential Programme for Care Experienced Young People aged 16-29. This is a flexible programme of support for up to one year, to meet the needs of Care Experienced Young People seeking to gain employment, grow and develop a career or sustain participation in Further Education.
Through participation in this programme individuals will receive:
- Personal Support – delivered by trusted professionals through a 1:1 case management approach
- Holistic Approach – identifying, assessing and overcoming wider barriers to employment, such as housing, health and finances. Supporting the young person to develop and grow their capacity for work and as person
- Building Strong Relationships – strong engagement and continuity of support to build trust and understanding of individual need
- Genuine Outcomes – Learning and Development to meet the requirements of the world of work, including access to industry and employability related qualifications, work tasters, flexible work placements and offering real and sustainable Modern Apprenticeships or jobs through our private and public sector employer partners and access to further education and learning
- In Work Support – training and support for employer mentors, and ongoing learning and development in the work place for the young person. Ensuring the young person has opportunities to continue to grow their career and increase earnings capacity
- Continuity of Support – No wrong door for young people, no single chance, providing timely support to help the young person sustain a positive destination and ensuring participants can return to our programme if their positive destination does not work out