Work EastRen is the Council’s employability service whose primary goal is to help people aged 16+ in East Renfrewshire to get ready for, find and keep work. We aim to help our local residents find the education, training or employment they are most suited to.
We also offer vocational training programmes aimed at improving people’s job chances. These range from one-off workshops, to longer and more intensive accredited courses.
The team also provides a wide range of support and services to local businesses. We have dedicated staff whose aim is to help new and existing businesses grow through a coordinated package of support and advice.
If you would like to find out more about what Work EastRen do, please contact us on 0141 577 8438 or at [email protected]
Using a structured, person-centred system of support, we provide a wide range of services including:
- CV development
- support with application forms
- job search and access to latest vacancies
- interview skills and practice with real employers
- job matching and brokerage
- modern apprenticeships
- employer recruitment incentives
- access to services provided by our partners, including additional support and financial advice
- a range of programmes designed to boost participants’ skills and confidence
- an aftercare service to help people even after they have found a job
- advice on self-employment via our Economic Development and Business Gateway teams